CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 17, 2009

Dina's Lagoon Sky Coaster Experience

So this picture was taken right before my insanity set in and I agreed to go on the Sky Coaster because Lynn offered to pay for it if I would. I did not know what I was in for!
(So Bailey just read this post and informed me that THIS is the "after" picture!
I am looking a little too excited. Hmm...do I enjoy terror?)


Here is a description of the ride:

Skycoaster:
The launch tower is 153 feet (47 m) tall and the main arch is 173 feet (53 m) tall. The flyers, up to 3 at a time, are raised up to a height of 143 feet (44 m). When they are instructed to do so, one of the flyers pulls the rip cord and then the flyers drop rapidly, reaching speeds up to 80 miles per hour (130 km/h) and experiencing sensations similar to hang gliding and skydiving.
Ready to go. Nervous as heck but hiding it with a smile.
They give you like a two second instruction blurb. I had to keep telling them to repeat it!

I am the little dot and I was saying over and over, "Oh Crap!"
"What the heck was I thinking!"

We don't have an "after" picture but I can assure you that I was unsteady and shaking.
Quite an experience and I think I would do it again.
It is fun to know that I am almost 46 years old but I can still rock!

5 comments:

Brittany H said...

ARE YOU KIDDING?! Thats so awesome I am WAY to chicken to go on that thing. I'm kind of jealous but kind of scared just watching you go.

Ok that's crazy. and fun. I would def. be saying "oh crap" too.

Andrea Sheets said...

I would have loved to have been there!!! You couldn't pay me enough money to ride that thing!
Love and miss you all!

The Shep's Herd said...

The courage fo a lioness!!! Just reading your description freaked me out. Way to go!!!

CB said...

Good Job Dina my friend!! You definately rock!!

I loved looking at all your vacation pictures - You guys really had a blast!!!

The Clarks said...

Mom...you are PSYCHO!