CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 11, 2010

"The Man From Hobby Lobby"

I have a new favorite store that recently opened about a mile from our house.  Hobby Lobby has become a dangerous place for me, especially with it being so stinkin' close.  Bree had warned me about how addictive it could be but I didn't understand.  Now I do.  Brent has come with me a couple of times and he even likes it.  So, the other day we headed over to Hobby Lobby to purchase flowers for some arrangements that I have been working on and we had a funny thing happen.  I see men there with there wives all the time.  Now these are ordinary men, like Brent.  But this time we saw someone who seemed very out of their element.  We were standing in line and all of a sudden there was a mountain man in the next line over.  I swear he was straight out of the movie "The Man From Snowy River"  (Brent's all time favorite movie) . So we kind of laughed and headed out to the parking lot.  Parked near by our van was a redneck looking truck and Brent commented that that was probably the mountain man's truck.  We decided to wait a minute and see.  As we were waiting (we had tons of spare time that day!)  Brent said, "Now watch, he will probably walk out and get in a Toyota Camry or something."  So this man walks out and doesn't head for the redneck truck but went straight for a white Toyota Camry!   This is not something you see every day.  We had to get a picture.
He is now "The Man From Hobby Lobby".  Who would have thought mountain men like the store along with the rest of us.  I wonder if he is as addicted as I am.

4 comments:

Ian and Kristen said...

HA HA! That is hilarious! Hobby Lobby is one of my great loves too :)

Jenny Moore said...

I found Hobby Lobby here in Georgia and you are so right, it is a dangerous place!!
Love the mountain man...too funny!!!

CB said...

That is hilarious that he got in a Camry!! That beard is FierCE!

And how come you have loads of free time? I don't have any!!
How do you work that?

T and A said...

I understand the power of Hobby Lobby... I was enchanted with its spell back when we lived in Tennessee!