CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 19, 2009

Taking a Blogging Break

Bailey and I are taking a girl's trip to Utah to spend a week or two. My parents have a cabin in Little Cottonwood Canyon, just down from Snowbird Ski Resort. It is actually the home I grew up in until we moved to Arizona when I was ten years old. I am so thankful that they kept it when we moved. Like the Ranch for Brent, this is a place of wonderful memories for me. We have had many Darger family reunions there and so the grandchildren have great memories too. My best friend Lynn is coming from Arizona with her daugher Abbey who is Bailey's age to spend the week with us.

So, Lagoon Amusement Park is the big spot we are going to hit next week and Bailey is so excited she can hardly stand it. It is all she can talk about. Her and Abbey are spending time either talking on the phone about it, or instant messaging. This is a girl who until recently would not talk on the phone for anything. The pre-teens are here!
We went to Lagoon a couple of years ago and this ride was pretty new. Bailey would not even consider riding on "Wicked." She is thinking she wants to try it this time but we will see. Somehow I don't think that will happen. :) I did go on it that summer and thankfully didn't pee my pants!
Another view of "Wicked." It is pretty intense. I will post photos when we get home in a couple of weeks. Fun times!

3 comments:

The Clarks said...

jealous.

dina marie said...

We'll be thinking about you, Bree. I wish it was all the girls in our family. It looks like you are having great fun antique shopping. I love the desk! Love you.

CB said...

OK I am up in the middle of the night because my body still thinks it's on the other side of the world so I was going to call and see if you wanted to go to Wal-Mart - ha ha! (Glad I checked the blog first Brent may have not appreciate that!!)

So glad you and Bailey have this fun getaway with your friends - Totally a great girl time and I cannot wait to see your pictures from Wicked - Cool!