CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

There is Always Time for Humor


Long, long story shortened just a bit. 
Told in sequence.

1.   Announcement nightmare.  Ordered and reordered three times, hence hundreds of unused announcements.
2.   Phone call from Brent's mom requesting another announcement for Dani's aunt.  Garna's was ruined in her mailbox from the rain.
3.   Dina's great idea of bringing ALL the extra announcements and putting them around Garna's house.  Funny, right?  Just you wait.
4.   Packed my suitcase to leave for Arizona for the wedding, announcements in tow.  My suitcase seemed a bit heavy...but it always does.
5.   At the airport I was told that my suitcase was ten pounds overweight which would be an additional $50.00.  Are you kidding me?
6.   So I removed the bags of announcements and it knocked nine pounds off!  Now at fifty one pounds, they kindly overlooked the one extra pound and allowed me to fly.  Thank you Southwest for your bit of generosity.
7.   With my arms weighed down with purse, laptop, and bags of announcements, I was rescued when I passed by a gift shop and eyed a sale on duffel bags for $4.99.  Wow...much better than the $50.00 they wanted me to pay.  Purchase made.
8.   Minor relief but still lugging too much baggage for the good part of the day.
9.   Picked up at the hot airport by my partner in crime, Brent's mom, Dede.
10. Laughed just thinking about the joke we will play on Garna.
11. Strategically placed hundreds of announcements all over Garna's house.  She will be finding hidden announcements for a long, long time.
12.  Found extreme satisfaction at our ingenuity.
13.  Felt pleasure at being so kind as to grant Garna her request for another announcement to replace the rain soaked one, times 700.
14.  Documented the masterpiece.
15.  Laughed myself to sleep.

Our apology sign to welcome Garna,
with the ruined announcement attached.
 Her first step into the house.  
Welcome home Garna!
Garna, we are so sorry that you're invitation was ruined.
It made us extremely sad for your loss.
We are happy to have been able to replace it
with many, many more.
Enjoy the fruits of our labor!
We have done our part
so please don't call us to help clean up.
(Time to get ready for Friday!)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!!!! I am sitting at the hospital, 2:15 in the morning, laughing so hard I might have to go downstairs to the ER. I would love to see Garna's face when she walks through her place.

Brent

Jenny Moore said...

That was funny!!!

R said...

Ok this is only the funniest thing I've EVER SEEN!!! HAHA so creative. Umm Rida, did I tell you my announcement got ruined in the snow yesterday?? Yes, snow. You know, it's September now... which means snow. So I think you all (including bree and bebe) need to come back to Idaho to plaster my house with more announcements. This week. Ok good. :)

HAPPY WEDDING TO YOU ALL!!! especially you fani :)

Brittany H said...

haha that's hilarious!!!!!

Katie Collett said...

you would! Laughing is a wonderful thing! have fun in AZ :) we'll be missing you here!!!

Karen said...

Garna (or Bert) might break a neck slipping on the announcements. I'm just a few yards away not realizing all the fun going on right under my nose!

Karen