CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 3, 2010

Will these tears ever stop?

There is something bittersweet about a daughter getting married.  We are so happy that Dani has chosen a good man to marry, that she has chosen to be married in the temple, and that she is moving forward with her life is a positive, wonderful direction.  But seriously, I don't want her to leave.  She has been moving her stuff into her and Ryan's house and her bedroom looks sad and lonely.  I cry just thinking about not having her here with us.  I certainly don't need more things to make me cry.  Going through this when Bree got married should have prepared me for this.  It didn't.  Maybe it has to do with the fact that it will just be Bailey here with Brent and I.  I know that they are having a hard time with this also, although Bailey is pretty happy to be getting Dani's room.  She has three bedrooms to choose from now.  Maybe she will play musical beds and I will wonder each morning where I will find her. :)   Dani has been a light in our home and we are going to miss her.  Her humor has been a blessing in my life and she has always had that beautiful smile...
Always...that beautiful smile. 
I can't see through these tears.  
I love you Dano.

4 comments:

Brittany H said...

I'm glad she is living close and not in Arizona!

sheesh Dina you're going to make me cry too! Maybe seeing your grandbaby this week will cheer you up?

Jenny Moore said...

Thanks Dina a good cry in the morning always does a body good!

Those are some great pictures of Dani! She has always been a cutie!

With 3 girls of my own your words hit close to home, I don't have many more years before they start to leave the nest, I'm not ready to let any of them go, I don't think I'll be ready even in 5 years!!!
Have fun in Arizona, take lots of pictures!!!

The Clarks said...

Just hurry on down here so Cannon can stop those tears! Everything will be fine mama, she'll only be living a few minutes away. I know it won't be the same without her though. At least you still have Bailey!

CB said...

It is - SO Sad - when they grow up and move on, and leave home. With Dani at least she will be living close by and you can see her alot.
She definately does have a beautiful smile :)