CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Divine Redeemer by Simon Dewey

For some reason I am feeling like a failure as a mom tonight. Anytime I am having discouraging or sad thoughts this picture is a comfort to me. I think that Christ's eyes look so compassionate and I can catch a glimpse of the understanding that He has for me and the personal challenges in my life. I have this hanging on my bedroom wall and it has carried me through many difficult trials through the years.

I found a quote that has been a bit helpful.

"I believe that when we put our trust in Him and do His work, the “least” of us will become the greatest of all, because we will rely upon the Lord to use us as an instrument, imperfect though we may be. It is then that the true miracle occurs, and the Lord shows forth his power, by making weak things become strong." Kersten Campbell



3 comments:

Andrea Sheets said...

Hey! I love the blog and inspiration. My favorite post though, were the pictures at the mall. I'm loving Brent and his poses. Are you up for some house guests this summer? We're driving to Seattle for a wedding and are going to pass through Boise. We may need a pit stop.

dina marie said...

We are always up for a layover stay from one our favorite families in the world! Let us know when. :)

Ric and Kirsten said...

I also love this picture of the Savior. Are you familiar with Liz Lemon Swindle and her artwork? Her pictures of the Savior are my favorite. YOU are a good mom, wife, daughter and friend! Don't let Satan get you down (I know...easier said than done.). I love you. Thanks for being such a great friend to me even after all these years. Your blog IS very inspiring. Thanks for sharing it.