This is a poem that I wrote for my mom for Mother's Day in 2006. I am thankful to have been blessed with a mother who taught me by her example how to be a Christlike person. I am still striving for that, but she is already there.
I love you mom.
I chose the path that I now walk back when fairy tales still held their magic,
wishes always came true, and thoughts of romantic love never dying held me spellbound.
I love you mom.
I chose the path that I now walk back when fairy tales still held their magic,
wishes always came true, and thoughts of romantic love never dying held me spellbound.
One day I awoke to find that the stories of my childhood appeared to be wishful thinking, for my journey was far different from the fairy tales that had once been read to me.
Since then there have been desires that have gone unspoken, hopes that have been unfulfilled, and long held dreams that seemed to vanish with the rising sun.
Life has been wrought with pain unsurpassed as I have watched my children walk their difficult paths, and I have been barred from carrying their cross, just as my mother was kept from carrying mine.
I am still young in the journey and I do not know what my future will bring,
and although many of my childhood memories have diminished with time,
I know that I was molded into who I am today and who I desire to be tomorrow,
because of my mothers pure and unselfish acts of love.
I have witnessed her thorny and difficult path and know that in spite of the challenges, she would not have chosen a simpler journey.
No age can be reached, hers or mine, that will release her from the title she so lovingly wears as my mother.
She will never be removed from the pedestal of motherhood,
and even through the veil of death she will remain the matron of her posterity.
If one wish could be fulfilled, I would be in future years, all that she is today.
I did not fully understand the love my of mother until I became a mother myself.
I then read to my children the same magical fairy tales that had been read to me,
those that spoke of romantic love never dying and wishes that always come true.
I did not know then, as my children do not yet know, that this very road leads to the desires, wishes, and dreams that I believed had vanished back when I started on this unforgettable path.
There have been no regrets.
The journey of motherhood is all that my mother showed it to be.
dina marie
dina marie





6 comments:
That's beautiful Dina. Your mom is a sweet lady and I enjoyed meeting her.
I love that poem mom.
Dina you have such a beautiful talent of putting thoughts and emotions into words. Keep 'em coming! I LOVE reading your thoughts they give me sucha BOOST! Love ya!
I loved your poem Dina.
Our moms birthdays are close together...mine is the 27th!
You are so talented, so good at putting your feelings into word. This must have been the best present your mom has ever received. It was beautiful!
P.S. I love your mom. She is the best!
Post a Comment